Palm Springs Household Hazardous Waste
HHW Facility in Palm Springs

ABOP Center
1100 Vella Road
Palm Springs, CA 92264

9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Saturdays October through May

7:00 am to Noon
Saturdays June through September


County of Riverside
Department of Household Waste (951) 486-3200
Department of Environmental Health at (951) 955-8980

Special Services: Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)

Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) includes a variety of wastes that may be accepted at the ABOP center or at the annual County HHW cleanup. HHW cannot be accepted by PSDS and cannot be disposed in your trash can. If HHW are discovered in your trash cans, the matter will be turned over to the District Attorney's office.

To dispose of small quantities of antifreeze, batteries, oil and paint, take them to the ABOP Center located at 1100 Vella Road in Palm Springs. These products are hazardous or considered toxic wastes and cannot be disposed of in our landfills.

Riverside County offers free 1-day and 2-day Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Events throughout the year that provide residents of Riverside County an environmentally safe way to properly dispose or recycle hazardous household waste. For the date, time and location of the HHW Collection Events, please refer to the schedule and maps on their web site.

Examples of HHW include: Adhesives, Drain Openers, Antifreeze, Paints (Oil and Latex), Batteries (auto, single use, rechargeable), Solvents, Pesticides, Household Cleaners, Used Oil and Filters, Swimming Pool Chemicals, Nail Polish, Fuels, Propane Cylinders/Tanks, Cosmetics, Fertilizers, Fluorescent Bulbs, Ballasts, Fire Extinguishers, Used Oil Filters and Electronic Wastes.  HHW are products marked with the words, “Toxic” or “Poison”, “Flammable” or “Combustible”, or “Danger”, “Caution” or “Warning”. For a detailed list of what the County of Riverside Waste Management Department will accept, please visit their web site.

Return to Special Services